Description The course uses ISO 14001 as the basis for the Management System Content and ISO 19011 guidelines for the Auditing Processes.
- Environmental Issues - Global, National and Local.
- The Environmental Issues conversion process.
- Stakeholder identification and influence.
- Basic Environmental Legislation.
- Environmental Risk - Planning.
- Management Systems - Applying controls.
- Checking through, monitoring, measurement and audit.
- Audit programming.
Notes This course provides students with a working understanding of Environmental Issues and the basic UK Environmental Legislation. It gives them the ability to identify Environmental Issues and Environmental stakeholders, identifying and evaluating Environmental Risk. The course then covers Environmental Management Systems (EMS's) using ISO 14001 as a template. Students will gain the understanding of how to deliver operational and emergency control and to check the effectiveness of EMS's through Internal System Audit and Environmental Issue Audit. The course concludes with a short exam.
All QMI courses involve a high level of student participation. A full set of student notes will be provided and a Certificate of Successful Completion awarded.
Aim As a result of attending you will be able to understand the:
- Sources and effects of Environmental Pollution.
- Conversion of an Environmental Issue into a commercial pressure via stakeholder influence.
- Major Environmental Regulations and the sources of Environmental Legislation update.
- Basics of Environmental Risk Management and the use of Management Systems (ISO 14001).
- Development of operational and emergency controls.
- Methods used to check the effectiveness of Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and carry out Environmental Issues and Internal EMS Audits.
Price Please Contact Us for details.