Calibration Basic Awareness Course (Non IRCA certified)
This course is designed to provide students with a working knowledge of calibration requirements in line with ISO 10012.
This course aims to provide students who work with measuring and monitoring equipment and require to have a calibration system in place.
Learning objectives describe what students will know and be able to do by the end of the course. On completion, successful students will be able to:
- Have a better understanding of the requirements of calibration contained within ISO 9000 and ISO 10012 series of standards;
- Make clear judgements as to which items of equipment require calibration and which do not;
- Be able to write effective “in-house” calibration procedures;
- Be able to undertake a critical appraisal of their company’s calibration requirements and establish a cost effective programme to meet the company’s specific needs.
In order for students to achieve the overall learning objectives, they will need to acquire and develop specific knowledge. This is specified below as ‘enabling objectives’ and can be considered as steps to the achievement of the learning objectives stated above. Students will be able to:
- Explain the origins of calibration;
- Explain the requirements of ISO 9001 and ISO 10012 standards;
- Estimate the uncertainty of measurement;
- Conduct in-house calibrations;
- Know environmental requirements for calibration and the effect of environmental changes;
- Write in-house calibration procedures.
All QMI courses involve a high level of student participation. A full set of student notes will be provided and a Certificate of Successful Completion will be awarded to students meeting the course assessment criteria.
Equipment covered during the course will include:
- Micrometers, verniers, dial indicators;
- Electrical measuring equipment;
- Pressure Gauges / Dead Weight Testers;
- Welding and NDT Equipment.
If any specific equipment type would like to be included, this can be arranged by prior request to the course.
PriceEnquire Online Now
or call us on01224 626290