Total Quality Management (TQM) Course (Non IRCA certified)
This course is designed to provide students with an understanding and knowledge of Total Quality Management and the improvement tools necessary to implement a TQM system and culture. The course can be tailored for a specific organisation and can be from a one day overview session to a full 3 day in depth course.
The course is aimed at quality management personnel who need exposure to the practices involved in developing a TQM system within their workplace.
Learning objectives describe what students will know and be able to do by the end of the course. On completion, successful students will be able to:
- Have a better understanding of the requirements of establishing a TQM system and culture;
- Know and understand Deming’s 14 principles for Management;
- Use improvement techniques such as Flow Charts, SPC, Pareto Analysis, 5S, Designed Experiments.
In order for students to achieve the overall learning objectives, they will need to acquire and develop specific knowledge. This is specified below as ‘enabling objectives’ and can be considered as steps to the achievement of the learning objectives stated above. Students will be able to:
- Use data to improve systems and processes by fact based decision making;
- Use Flow Charts as a means of eliminating waste streams;
- Analyse data in a structured way such as Pareto Analysis, Histograms;
- Understand and use basic Statistical Process Control Charts;
- Understand the basic principles to implement a 5S programme;
- Understand the principles in Designed Experiments (ANNOVA) – for the 3 day class only.
All QMI courses involve a high level of student participation. A full set of student notes will be provided and a Certificate of Successful Completion will be awarded to students meeting the course assessment criteria
No qualification or prior knowledge of statistical analysis is required.
PriceEnquire Online Now
or call us on01224 626290